The small form factor trend continues with news that RED Digital Cinema have brought the KOMODO to market. weighing in at just under a kilo the KOMODO captures 6k at 40 fps (and 6K WS at 50 fps, and 4K at 60 fps).
- RF mount for users to leverage adaptors for EF, PL and other lens systems, including anamorphic lenses, for maximum creative flexibility
- A phase-detect based autofocus control on the integrated
- Color LED touchscreen display that simplifies monitoring and menu navigation
- A new streamlined REDCODE® RAW settings (HQ, MQ, and LQ compression options) enhancing the user experience for various shooting needs.
- Compatibility with CFAST 2.0 recording media
- 4K SDI output
- Built-in wireless capabilities
- Connectivity via the all new RED Control app, which is available now for iOS devices and coming soon on Android.
RED devotee Michael Bay stated “The sensor is beautiful,” says Bay. “I always wanted something this small, this sophisticated in terms of a high-quality image. It’s very lightweight; very handheld.”
The KOMODO 6K ships with:
- KOMODO 6K camera brain
- AC power adaptor 45W
- 1x RF to EF mechanical lens adapter
- Mini world travel adaptor kit
RED is also launching two pre-bundled pack options:
- KOMODO Starter Pack ($7,200) – This pre-bundled setup is perfect for content creators and run and gun operators. Including KOMODO 6K with the Wing Grip and RF to EF adapter with ND filter. Also included is media and media reader, as well as a PTap-to-power cable and timecode cable.
- KOMODO Production Pack ($8,200) – This includes everything from the Starter Pack plus additional production-level accessories including the Expander Module and Outrigger Handle.
Initially available to order at Red.com/Komodo or RED Premium Dealers. Customers can also visit any one of the RED Premium dealers across the globe to schedule a demo and learn more about the product.